Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Appriciating the little things in life, litterally the little things, like the cell

Stressed out, not only do I have a huge test for mam phys Thursday, a Mammology test on Monday, but I have a crapload of other stuff to turn in too, and its only the beginning of the semester...ohhhh boy! I've pretty much learned more than I wanted to about the cell membrane. It just fascinates me how something so microscopic almost invisible is able to communicate with other cells and make up this complex body. Imagine this complex network of communicating back and forth without physically using your brain to think about it. I mean I'd have to be a robot or some advance computer to remember which molecule goes in which cannot, what protein is needed, osmosis, diffusion but our cells act on 'impulse.' It just astonishes me how all of this is going on inside of me without me even knowing, feeling, or sensing it. I mean what would our life be like if atoms did not exist??...there would be no life because cells would be no more!

No comments:

Post a Comment