Monday, October 11, 2010

Prorotodactylus



When I look at my pet cat, Lady Kittens, I do not see ferocious dinosaur. Instead when I think dinosaur I picture a great massive stature like a Tyrannosaurus Rex or Brachiosaurus straight out of the Jurassic Park movie. According to a recent article by the BBC small prints only a couple of cm in length found in 250 million rock may be evidence of an early species of dinosaur. That is the claim a team of scientist have concluded when they found the fossilized footprints in Poland. Before the find scientist estimated dinosaurs evolved hundreds of millions of years after the “end-Permian mass extinction”. Is it odd that up to reading today’s article I had never even heard of this Permian mass extinction idea, I’m embarrassed by this. None the less the prints date back to only 2 million years after this mass extinction which is baffling researchers and changing the ideas previously believed about the rise of these ancient vertebrates. But like the pompous scientist thinking with their heads (eh eh plug in today’s bio writing lecture) the scientific community isn’t completely satisfied by this finding. The researchers blame the lack of finding skeletal evidence of this newly introduced dinosaur creature to the reason why their findings were not published on more important scientific journals. Hey guys, be happy your stuff is even being published. Heck if I found something as exciting as that I’d probably have enough to feed my ego for a lifetime….hmm do I smell a new prospect for expanding my possibilities towards a new biology field after my BS degree?? As much as I want to bust out with my shovel and brush I think my lack of direction as to what field to further my education and scientific career in is still up in the air, besides how many new pre-dino creatures can you possibly discover in a life time?

No comments:

Post a Comment